Monday, September 04, 2006

FINAL ROSTER - Thoughts?

I'm glad we got trade value out of Fraley and Parry.

I'm a little concerned about the green-ness of the backup o-line. Love the depth on the d-line!

Lbs.... as usual, we're set at Mike, but weak on the outside. Expect lots of screen passes and sweeps, and tackles by the safeties and corners. We're used to that...

I think Brown & Stallworth, LJ & Westy, and GLew (slot) will actually cause some serious concern for d-coordinators. If 5 beets the blitz expect big #s. If he doesn't, expect more bruised sternums...

Glad Tank, Sampy, and Gasperon made the PS.

That's all I got.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Popstar said...

In addition to the lingering concern over weakside LB, my real concerns remain at running back. If Buckhalter goes down, something (i.e., history) tells me that it'll be a season-ending injury. And then if Westy gets dinged up and misses a game here or there (again, that's just history talkin'), we're in some real trouble...

Hey, I really like Moats, but even if he keeps getting better, I think he's at least a few years away from carrying a team. He still seems to run a little tentatively to me -- like he's the little engine that could who's really trying to do his bestest, but not like a f'in enraged demon streaking out of hell. (I understand it's a little challenging to be a f'in enraged demon when you're 5'8", but that's why he gets paid).

Bruce Perry still hasn't really impressed me as anything special. I really am starting to like Tapeh though. I am very interested to see how he'll do as FB, but I expect he'll still be an improvement over Parry. And since he's also a RB, maybe we'll actually use the FB on a run now and then.

...And hopefully we'll use Nick Cole too.

And finally, as much as I respect him, Reno should only be used when absolutely necessary (meaning only after ALL of our RBs, and Nick Cole, get carted off the field).

Speaking of Rudy Mahe, is he really slated as the No. 1 return guy? I heard Heckert on WIP this morning talking about him and Lito as the top guys, and possibly Westy after that. Now all of that scares the hell out of me. I don't want to have Westy or Lito put at risk by using them for returns, and don't want to have the team put at risk by using Mahe. ...Maybe Cole?

9/05/2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger J Dubs said...

Nick Cole could single-handedly beat every team in the leagie.

9/06/2006 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home