Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Freak -- Hall of Shame

I recall B. West's magical runs on Sunday; I recall Curtis standing completely by himself on the field with no Detroit defender in the vicinity. But I also recall thinking to myself that Kearse has been completely invisible this season. I remember looking closely through my binoculars to make sure that # 93 was in fact on the field -- and my vision told me that indeed it was so. The numbers, however, tell me otherwise; Jeavon has yet to play football this season. That's right -- in 3 games the Freak has registered ZERO tackles, ZERO sacks, ZERO effort. The numbers deviate from zero when it comes to penalties -- he has flirted with the neutral zone a couple of times and as such, has been charged negative yards. Now someone please tell me again -- why is it that Juqua Thomas is not starting in that position??



P.S. I wish to extend my sincere apologies to all readers and to Jeavon himself -- he is, after all, putting up pro-bowl numbers -- 1 tackle and 0.5 sacks so far this season. I regret the error of implying a zero output earlier on.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave Popstar said...

Damn good point. I didn't realize he doesn't even have a single tackle. (I am well aware he doesn't have a single sack). I watched the video of his interview after the Detroit game; he seemed genuinely happy for Trent Cole, but still seemed a little downcast, no doubt about his own lack of production.

He really must not be anywhere close to full strength from his injury. So maybe he's trying, he's just not the same freak as he used to be.

My guess is that he's not starting because the Reid/Lurie/Banner machine paid so much to bring him here -- and to demote him would acknowledge that he was a bust. The RLB machine is just too arrogant to make such an admission, even implicitly.

9/25/2007 4:17 PM  
Blogger Leeks said...

Which brings me to my other post about the complete lack of Leadership on any front. A true leader puts arrogance aside for the good of the organization. Ironically, what Reid/Lurie/Banner do not understand is that fame is going to come from RESULTS and from a SB win, not from an unbruised ego.

9/26/2007 9:00 AM  
Blogger Paulomon Grundy said...

After Sunday's blowout, the first post on the Eagles message Board was "Should Jevon be Benched" - good times. You gotta love Philly!

I think it's apparent that he's not over his knee injury and is playing tentatively. The NFL is unforgiving, isn't it? Here's a guy who was all over the field until recently and now he should probably be benched for a while.

9/26/2007 10:16 AM  
Blogger Dave Popstar said...

Just for the record, Jevon actually does have one tackle and one half sack so far this season.

I was watching the Detroit game again last night and trying to focus on the line a lot. I do think he was playing a little bit tentatively. He still has speed, but he just doesn't seem to play with the breakneck, reckless abandon that he had before his injury. I still assume he just isn't fully healed... Where is T.O.'s hyperbaric chamber when you need it? (I head Westy had one -- maybe he can borrow that).

9/26/2007 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home