Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Pointless, Balls-to-the-Wall Negative Rant; Poll: Who Will Win Another Super Bowl Before We Win our First?

FIRST OFF, THANKS ANDY! THANKS FOR RUINING MY WEEK THAT IS. YOUR OVERSIZED BEHIND BETTER BE AT THE OFFICE DAY AND NIGHT FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS FIXING THIS THING!

I've literally been sick to my stomach thinking about the current situation. Needless to say, I'm feeling VERY negative, so I've decided to go with it. Not that I need more reasons to hate football right now, but I can't stop thinking about how this team fails, year after year, and how much I resent Tom Brady and his Dudley Dooright chin, Merrill Hoge for being right, my parents for raising me in the Philly area, etc. We've had a lot of talent over the years - what became of it?
When you're playing poorly but with vigor, there is always hope left...but when the players have given up and only care about their days off, what's left? Not much.

On the plus side, I'm going to see La Boheme at the Academy of Music tonight, so that should cheer me up. It's an upbeat musical, I think.

Ok, who will win another Super Bowl before the Birds win their first? Pick your favorite:

(A) The Patriots : That Golden Boy Tom Brady disgusts me. I don't get it, they just get better and better all of the time. Brady is flawless and the players are ALWAYS up for big games...why? why I ask? There is always a team like this in every era, one that never seems to make mistakes, never miscalculates. So, so annoying.

(B) The Giants or Cowboys: or worse yet, maybe the Redskins. How is that every other NFC East team has multiple Super Bowl trophies, but we can't win one? This category probably is the worst scenario, watching T.O. or Shockey hoist the Lombardi Trophy - they might as well just take a dump on William Penn's head.

(C) The Stillers: a.k.a. the "good" team from PA. Yes, they need another one to throw on the pile.

(D) The Titans (or some other artificial team created since 1995): This might be worse than seeing the Cowboys win another one. Can you imagine the Jaguars, from Jacksonville, winning it all? Note: as a friend pointed out, the Ravens are not included in this category because Baltimore actually has strong football tradition and truly loyal fanbase.

Ugh, I'm worn out. I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home