Wednesday, July 13, 2005

walking wounded

So what's the prediction on our returning wounded? Which ones will come back better than ever, just vanilla, or permanently scarred?

The most important ones who I'm thinking of are:
  1. N.D. Kalu
  2. Correll Buckhalter
  3. Shawn Andrews
  4. John Ritchie
  5. Jerome McDougal
  6. Hugh Douglass
  7. L.J. Smith
  8. Jason Short
  9. Tre Thomas

Anyone else I forgot? I failed to mention Mark Simineau, but that was intentional. I also didn't mention J.R. Reed, since his career is likely over. Hope he caught the dog he was chasing. Yeah, hope it was worth it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paulomon Grundy said...

My prediction: PAIN. Shawn Andrews, Ritchie and LJ should be back at full strength already from what I've read, so I'm not too worried about them. CBuck however has had 2 devastating injuries in 3 years and I just can't believe he's going to become much of a player in the NFL. Few players recover from one injury like that. We need the wedge-breaker Short back - what was his injury. You forgot to mention Chad Lewis, who I think is retiring (or has retired right?) and Pinkston, who suffered some tough cramps in the Super Bowl...

7/14/2005 8:52 AM  
Blogger Dave Popstar said...

According to Davey Spads (and Chad Lewis himself), Chad is still waiting in the wings: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=30560 Assuming he can be as mobile as before his injury, I still think he could be productive. He plays very smart and is just generally solid.

I remember reading something about Bucky in the last couple months, in which he said he felt stronger and quicker now than at any point in his career. (I assume he was referring to those few times in his career when he was playing and not injured). So I'm hopeful.

I think Short will come back -- I mean, the dood is psychotic on special teams. I don't think that will change. But won't he have to battle it out with his friend Labinjo? (Who I was really impressed with at MLB last season against Cincinatti, btw).

And I'm not too worried about Pinkston. Those cramps he gets usually come once every month.

7/14/2005 6:01 PM  
Blogger Paulomon Grundy said...

BOOYAH!

7/14/2005 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home